What are the Most Important Networking Components
And to Get Connected
February 11, 2021
Try to find something that’s not made up of different important components. Think about it. We’ll wait. See, even items you think may be simple, like the Cloud or WiFi, all have important networking components connected that make them work so that you can work efficiently. Here are those most important components.
The Most Important Networking Components
Computer networks require both physical hardware and digital software to function efficiently. Both components even have their own set of components, but we’ll stick with the general details for now. Here are some examples of both.
The tangible devices, cords, connection boxes that require power and a user manual.
- Server. Manages the network resources from files to other connected network devices, like printers.
- Clients and peers. Computers connected within a network.
- Transmission channels. Cables and other media that facilitate data transfer between connected network devices.
- Connecting devices. Routers, bridges, hubs, switches—they all serve as liaisons between networks and computers.
The inner-workings of networking devices are more than a series of code, but a connection between those tangible devices outlined above—and maybe even a window to the Cloud and the outside world.
- Operating system. Installed in the server and allows network access to share files and connected devices.
- Protocols. Rules set up for all computers within the network to follow.
- Applications. The programs used to run these connected devices.
Getting Connected to Networking Components
While setting up a network from scratch is doable, there are many programs currently available that make sharing data easy. WiFi has also enhanced network sharing, as a wireless printer and certain airdrop devices can simply be accessed among users with a compatible operating system. To learn more about networking components, what you need, and how you can leverage the benefits, contact Security Five for more tips and tricks today.